Wholegrain and Quinoa Tabouleh
Our wholegrain and quinoa vegetarian tabbouleh is inspired by a traditional Levantine salad. Highly nutritious and delightfully refreshing this dish is perfect for a delicious quick summer snack or as a light starter.
What you need to get
- 1 VeeTee Wholegrain & Quinoa
- 4 Tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 3 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 20g Chopped fresh parsley
- 15g Chopped fresh mint
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- juice and zest of a lemon
- To serve:
- Halloumi cheese
- Pitta bread
What you need to do
- Prepare the tomatoes by making a little cross in the skin. Cook in a pan of boiling water for 30 seconds to a minute and refresh in cold water. The skins should remove quite easily. Cut into quarters, discard the seeds and roughly chop the tomato petals.
- In a large bowl mix together the tomato, parsley, mint, spring onions and cucumber.
- Cook the rice according to the packs instructions, leave to cool.
- Add the cooled rice to bowl along with the olive oil and lemon zest and juice. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook slices of halloumi under a hot grill or on a griddle pan and serve alongside the tabouleh with some warm pitta bread.