Vegetable Paella Recipe.
Fancy cooking something from scratch, try this beautiful Vegetable Paella using our premium Basmati rice.
- —200g Veetee Mega Basmati Rice, washed and drained
- —2 tbsp olive oil
- —1 onion, finely chopped
- —5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- —1 tsp chilli powder
- —2 tsp paprika
- —3 tsp tomato puree
- —100g mixed sliced mushrooms (such as oyster, shitake, enoki, chestnut)
- —400ml vegetable stock
- —1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- —1 pinch turmeric
- —salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and fry the onions and garlic until golden. .
- Add the chilli powder, paprika and turmeric and stir for a few seconds. Stir in the tomato puree.
- Mix in the mushrooms, reserving a few for the garnish. Now tip in the rice.
- Pour in the stock and half the coriander, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a tight lid and simmer for 12 minutes until done.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small frying pan and sauté the reserved mushrooms.
- Serve the paella with the sautéed mushrooms and a sprinkle of the remaining coriander.