Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Parcels
"As always, there's a fridge full of leftover turkey after Christmas and I want to turn it into some exciting and tasty party food for my guests." - VeeTee Member, Gareth Deacon.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 250g cooked turkey, finely shredded
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 100ml chicken stock
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 60g butter, melted
- 150g Brie, chopped into 6 pieces.
- salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
- Place the VeeTee Basmati Rice, turkey, sage and cranberry sauce in a large bowl. Add the stock and mix thoroughly until absorbed. Season to taste.
- Take a sheet of filo pastry, cut in half and cover one side with melted butter.
Place the other half diagonally across the first to make a star shape and brush the edges with butter.
- Place a spoonful (approx 75g) of the rice mixture in the centre of the pastry star and top with a piece of brie.
- Lift the edges of the pastry over the mixture and pinch at the top,
so the mixture is in a small parcel, brush again with buter and place on and oiled baking tray.
- Repeat to create 5 additional parcels and bake for 25-30 minutes,
ensuring the middle is piping hot. Serve immediately.
Tips: Why not try using leftover chicken in this recipe instead?