Sticky Lime Chilli Chicken
If you like tender chicken with the sweet-spicy heat of chilli sauce, we're convinced this will become a firm favourite in your home.
What you need to get
- 2 trays VeeTee Thai Lime and Herb Rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 1 small handful fresh mint, shredded, to serve
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix the lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl large enough for all the chicken drumsticks. Add the chicken and coat thoroughly.
- Place onto parchment or foil lined baking sheets and bake, turning occasionally for 25-30 minutes or until browned and cooked through completely. The juices should run clear when a knife is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions and divide into warmed plates or bowls and top with the chicken. Garnish with the coriander and mint and serve immediately.
Tips: Add some stir fried vegetables such as baby corn, sugar snap peas and peppers for added fibre and vitamins.