Spicy Vegetable Fried Rice
VeeTee's Spicy Vegetable Fried Rice is a great alternative to the usual takeaway order. Perfect as a side or main and suitable for vegetarians & vegans!
What you need to get
- 2 trays VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger purée
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp cooked frozen peas
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
What you need to do
- In a large frying pan or wok, fry the onions in the oil for 1-2 minutes until soft.
Add the garlic, spices and diced peppers and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in VeeTee Long Grain Rice into the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes with the remaining ingredients except the coriander, ensuring the rice is cooked through.
- Check all the ingredients are mixed well. Stir in the coriander and season to taste before serving.