Spicy Lentil, Spinach & Mushroom Rice
This Spicy Lentil, Spinach & Mushroom Rice recipe is another vegan and vegetarian hit from VeeTee recipes
. With an added kick of flavour, this rice recipe is ideal for dinner, lunch, or as a side.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain and Quinoa Rice
- 40g red lentils
- 200ml water
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 spring onion stems
- 12-15 mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 70g raw spinach, roughly sliced
- ¼ tbsp coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
What you need to do
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the lentils and water. Cook on a medium heat for 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are soft. Remove from the hob and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. When they begin to pop,
add the garlic and onion. Stir frequently until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the cooked lentils and the remaining ingredients except for the rice and coriander. Cook for 8-10 minutes on full heat, stirring all the time, adding half a cup of water if required, to prevent the base catching.
- Cook the VeeTee Rice according to pack instructions and add to the pan, stirring constantly. Ensure all is well mixed and season to taste.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander and serve immediately.