Rice & Mixed Vegetable Frittata
A tasty dish that is perfect served on its own or as a side. It's made easy with VeeTee Heat & Eat rice and ready in just over 30 minutes.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 courgette, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 50ml milk
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- seasoning to taste
What you need to do
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil then fry the onions and courgette for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened. Add the remaining vegetables and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Microwave the rice according to pack instructions then stir into the vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and season, before adding to the vegetable / rice mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick dish 20cm in diameter. Top with the cheddar cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Slice into squares and serve.