Rainbow Rice Salad
This delicious Rainbow Rice Salad recipe from VeeTee not only looks amazing but tastes great too! It's easy to make and ready in just 15 minutes so try it! Check out our collection of vegetarian recipes
for more inspiration!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown & Quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 400g can black or pinto beans, drained
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 30g frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g sweetcorn, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do
- In a large frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil then add the chopped onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Put a splash more oil in the pan and cook the onions over a gentle heat until translucent. Stir in the tomatoes, red pepper, peas, and tomato purée, then season with salt and pepper and the cayenne or chili.
- Add the spices and garlic and sauté gently on a low heat before adding the soy sauce and beans. Cook on a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Next add the peas, spring onions, grated carrots and sweetcorn and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, then season before serving.
- Heat the rice according to pack instructions, then mix thoroughly with the vegetables. Chill before serving.