Lemon & Rocket Risotto
Risotto is a comforting dish we all love but it can be tricky to make, often requiring a lot of attention. Our Lemon Rocket Risotto is so indulgent you’ll barely believe it only takes minutes to cook!
This recipe is all about the fresh flavours of lemon and rocket, using a dash of white wine and parmesan to add richness. We think the subtle fragrant aroma of our VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
is a great option for this lighter dish. It’s the perfect option for a vegetarian main course at a dinner party or for a delicious and quick dinner on a week night.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml white wine
- zest of 2 lemons, finely grated
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 big handfuls of rocket
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp mascarpone cheese, heaped
- 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra Parmesan cheese, to serve
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, before adding the onions. Sauté until softened, then add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and lemon zest and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Tip the tray of VeeTee Thai Jasmine rice into the saucepan and carefully break up using a wooden spoon. Cook through for 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if the mixture becomes too sticky.
- Add the rocket, stirring through until wilted followed by the lemon juice.
- Mix the mascarpone and Parmesan cheese into the rice, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste.
- Serve hot, with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.