If you’re looking for a tasty meal that is simple to cook then look no further. We have come up with a delicious recipe that doesn’t take a great deal of effort to cook a tasty jammin’ jambalaya.
It’s easy to cook and can be done all in the same pan. Simply add the meat and onions to the pan and cook through before adding the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Mix the ingredients and stir through, allowing it to simmer for a few minutes. Then you can simply add VeeTee Basmati rice
straight into the pan and cook for 2 minutes before serving up this delicious dish. This tasty recipe originates in Louisiana and has a Spanish and French influence.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 250g chorizo sausage, cubed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 100ml chicken stock or water
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and chorizo sausage, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and garlic. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken has been cooked through.
- Stir in the green pepper and chilli, heat for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the cajun seasoning, water and stir through.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes or until the rice has been heated through and the water has evaporated. Serve immediately.