Heavenly Snack Bars
"I love making these bars because they satisfy my sweet tooth and there's no need to feel guilty." - VeeTee Member, Hayley Price
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice &
- 150g dried mixed fruit and seeds
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled and grated
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
- Line a medium sized baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Break up the VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa into a large bowl and mix in the dried fruit and seeds.
- Put the honey, peanut butter and butter in a non-stick pan on a medium heat, mix until you reach a runny consistency.
- Add the banana and apple to the pan, mix in the rice and quinoa, fruit and seeds.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tray and flatten evenly to a thickness of approximately 1½-2cm. Bake in the oven for around 35 minutes until the mixture has hardened and is crispy on top.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then cut into 10-12 bars and refrigerate until needed.