Easy Lamb Pilaf
Impress the family with this meaty show-stopper of a meal on BBC Children in Need Appeal Night - using VeeTee's microwave Pilau Rice means it's ready to eat in half the time versus cooking with uncooked rice from scratch.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Pilau Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g lamb steak, diced into small chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 400ml lamb stock
- ½ can of chopped tomatoes (200g)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint to serve
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander to serve
What you need to do
- Fry the onion in a large frying pan over a medium heat until softened.
- Turn the heat up a little and add the lamb to brown for a minute or two, stirring continuously.
- Add the garlic to the pan with the curry powder. Add the lamb stock and tomato, stir well and bring to simmer.
- Put the lid on and simmer over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes (add a little more stock if the mix becomes too dry).
- Turn the heat up and add the rice to the pan, cooking for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Stir in the fresh coriander and mint then serve.