Cheesy Spinach & Rice Quiche
This is such a tasty dish - enjoy making it over and over again.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 15g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g fresh spinach
- 150ml milk
- 2 free range eggs
- 100g mature cheddar cheese, grated plus extra for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the onions until soft. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Tip in the Veetee Long 3. Grain Rice, mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and eggs together. Add the cheese and rice mixture and combine well. Season to taste.
- Pour into a non-stick greased casserole dish 20cm diameter, then top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Slice into squares and serve immediately.