Cheat’s Salmon & Lemon Risotto
An easy way to make Salmon & Lemon Risotto by using VeeTee Heat and Eat rice! Cook risotto the cheat's way in just 25 minutes.
What you need to get
- 2 trays VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 small splash of white wine
- 4 fillets of salmon, cut into chunks
- 320g frozen peas
- 200ml half fat crème fraîche
- juice of one lemon
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- optional: fresh, crusty bread for serving
What you need to do
- Place the oil in a large, deep frying pan and gently sauté the garlic and shallots for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and bubble for a further minute or so over a moderate heat. Add the salmon and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan with the salmon. Cook over a moderate heat for a few minutes. Cook the peas in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain then add to the pan with the rice and salmon.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and squeeze over the lemon juice, combine thoroughly and season to taste with black pepper.
- Serving suggestion: serve with fresh, crusty bread.
Tips: Add a handful of freshly chopped parsley or basil to this dish if you have it. You could also add a handful of fresh, chopped tomatoes or change the peas for broccoli or spinach.