Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowl
A delicious recipe for your salmon that goes perfectly with VeeTee Rice. Give this Japenese inspired meal a go and create a tasty meal for two.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown & Quinoa Rice
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- optional: sugar snap peas, steamed
- 1 small pak choi, halved and steamed
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4.
- Mix the teriyaki, sweet chili sauce, vinegar, garlic, lime zest and juice in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets and coat well in the sauce.
- Put the salmon fillets, skin side up, on a baking tray and place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, basting with the sauce occasionally.
- Remove salmon from the oven and turn fillets over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Return to oven and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the seeds are toasted and the salmon is firm in the middle.
- Meanwhile, heat VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa according to pack instructions then divide between two bowls.
- Remove salmon from the oven, and place on top of the rice and quinoa along with the green onions and coriander. Spoon over any excess marinade.
- Serve with lime wedges, soy sauce, sugar snap peas and bok choy, if using.