Rice & Quinoa Veggie Burgers
A perfect recipe if you're looking for a vegetarian option. These Veggie Burgers are easy to make and also healthy. Ready in just 25 minutes try it today!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown & Quinoa Rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 25g fresh mixed herbs, finely chopped (we use basil, parsley, and coriander)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- seasoning, to taste
What you need to do
- Heat the tray of VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa according to pack instructions then empty into a food mixer and mix up along with the onion, cumin, herbs, carrot and egg white. Season well and mix again.
- Remove the mixture, and, using clean hands, shape the mixture into 6 burger patty shapes.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan and warm over a medium heat.
- Place the burgers in the pan and fry for 4 minutes on each side, taking care when turning the burgers over so they don’t break up.
- Serve when golden, with salad and burger buns, if using.
Tips: If you're having a BBQ, why not try drizzling each burger with a tablespoon of vegetable oil and grilling them on the barbecue for 5-6 minutes. Just flip them over halfway through and serve them when they're golden brown for a perfect summer-time treat.