Rainbow Rice Salad
VeeTee have created a delicious recipe that not only looks amazing but tastes great too! It's easy to make and ready in just 15 minutes so try it!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTeeWholegrain Brown & Quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10oz can black or pinto beans, drained
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 10oz frozen peas
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3oz sweetcorn, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do
- In a large frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil then add the chopped onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Put a splash more oil in the pan and cook the onions over a gentle heat until translucent. Stir in the tomatoes, red pepper, peas, and tomato purée, then season with salt and pepper and the cayenne or chili.
- Add the spices and garlic and sauté gently on a low heat before adding the soy sauce and beans. Cook on a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Next add the peas, green onions, grated carrots and sweetcorn and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, then season before serving.
- Heat the rice according to pack instructions, then mix thoroughly with the vegetables. Chill before serving.