Quick Beef Stroganoff
When the cold nights are drawing in, nothing is more satisfying than a rich meaty stew to look forward to.
Our quick Beef Stroganoff with VeeTee Basmati & Wild Rice really hits the spot.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati & Wild Rice
- 3oz baby onions or shallots, halved
- 5oz baby carrots, halved
- 2 sirloin steaks, sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 small handful of freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 5oz mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions, carrots and mushrooms in batches until browned. Add the thyme leaves just before the end. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the steak strips and brown quickly over a high heat. Return the onion mixture to the pan and add the wine. Bubble for a few seconds then remove from the heat and stir in the cream and parsley.
- Heat your VeeTee Basmati & Wild Rice according to the pack instructions and serve with the stroganoff.