Dane’s Perfect Pancakes
The kids are sick of the same old cereal and toast and want a tasty breakfast alternative. Using VeeTee Long Grain Rice makes these pancakes taste fab, gives them a really good bite, helps keep the pancakes in shape while frying, and keeps the kids full all morning. I put fruit and honey or syrup on ours for some added nutrition.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20g butter
- 2 eggs
- toppings of your choice
What you need to do
- Give the eggs, milk and buttermilk a little whisk to blend.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and mix this into the egg mixture ensuring all lumps are gone.
- Melt the butter and pour into the mixture, and then add the rice.
- Ladle a spoonful of the mixture into a hot frying pan, and fry for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and serve with your favourite pancake topping.
Tips: Get some more of your 5 a day by having lots of fruit on top of your pancakes. Delicious and nutritious!