Kids Creamy Chicken Korma
Are the kids starting to enjoy curry? Our Kids Creamy Chicken Korma is perfect with some warm fluffy naan bread to mop up the sauce, yum!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Pilau Rice
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- salt & pepper
- 325g low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger purée
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 cardamom pod seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 150ml water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
What you need to do
- Place the chicken into a glass bowl, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper. Mix in the yoghurt, cover and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 6 hours and leave in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chilli, if using. Sweat under a lid, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the bay leaf, cardamom seeds, coriander and turmeric, cook for 2 minutes over a low heat. Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the water, stirring continuously until smooth. Mix in the coconut milk and caster sugar, stirring regularly for 5 minutes, then, remove from the heat, take out the bay leaf and blend until creamy.
- Return the sauce to the heat, add the drained chicken pieces and a little more water if the sauce is too thick. Simmer for approx 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Mix the cream and coriander into the korma and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, heat the VeeTee Pilau Rice as per pack instructions and serve topped with the Korma.
Tips: Serve with warm fluffy naan bread to help mop up this yummy sauce! You could even treat yourselves to some onion bhajis, poppadums and mango chutney for those special occasions.