Thai Grilled Pork Fillet with Jasmine Rice.
This delicious dinner brings together succulent pork with fragrant Thai spices and our fluffy Jasmine rice.
- —180g Veetee Hom Mali Thai Jasmine dry rice (4 portions)
- —2 tbsp sunflower oil
- —2 tbsp fish sauce
- —½ tsp turmeric
- —2 stalks lemongrass, chopped (or 2 tsp lemon grass puree)
- —2 garlic cloves, chopped
- —120g caster sugar
- —1 tbsp sesame oil
- —1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- —1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- —500g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- —200ml rice wine vinegar
- —2 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- —3 tbsp roasted salted peanuts, crushed
- Mix together the fish sauce, turmeric, lemongrass, garlic, 20g sugar, sesame oil and half the coriander.
- Mix the pork with the marinade and leave for 30 mins.
- Heat the vinegar and remaining sugar in a small saucepan. Boil until thickened for about 5-10 mins, then cool.
- Add the chilli, peanuts and remaining coriander to the sugar & vinegar syrup.
- Heat the rice as per instructions and leave to drain.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan until very hot add the oil and fry the pork until browned.
- Serve the pork over the Thai Jasmine rice with the sticky chilli and peanut sauce and garnish with a few coriander leaves.