Stir Fried Lamb and Peppers
A quick and easy way to get lamb into your midweek meals - stir-fry it!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g lamb leg or fillet, fat removed and cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a pan and stir fry the lamb for 2 minutes or until browned. Add the garlic, ginger and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, spring onions and chilli, heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the sauces and the rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the rice has been heated through. Serve immediately.
Tips: Why not replace the dark soy and hoisin sauce with 3tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp tomato ketchup and 3 tbsp light soy sauce? Alternatively, try 2 tbsp black bean sauce. If you prefer spicier foods, add the seeds from the chilli to your pan.