Spring Vegetable Risotto
This risotto recipe is ready in just 15 minutes! Made simple using VeeTee rice you can cook up a tasty dish in no time at all so give it a go yourself.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Golden Vegetable Rice
- 150g green beans, diagonally cut
- 150g asparagus spears, diagonally cut
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 150g Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
What you need to do
- Boil a large pan of salted water to the boil, and blanch the green beans, asparagus and peas for 3-4 minutes before draining in a colander. Set aside.
- In a large casserole or saucepan, fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Tip the rice and vegetable stock into the saucepan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the grains are cooked. Combine the blanched vegetables followed by the Parmesan cheese and mascarpone to make the dish creamy.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.