Creamy Broccoli & Rice Soup
If you're looking for a creamy soup minus the cream and calories, then VeeTee has the solution! Delicious and healthy, this soup is the perfect winter warmer.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice
- 1 large broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp mint leaves, to garnish
- 50g crumbled feta cheese, to garnish
- rapeseed oil
- salt & pepper to taste
What you need to do
- Steam the broccoli florets (steamer or microwave) until tender.
- In a large saucepan gently sweat the spring onion and garlic in a little oil until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the milk and seasoning, then add the broccoli florets and Veetee Wholegrain Brown Rice, bring to the boil, turn down immediately and simmer for 3-4 minutes, do not let it boil.
- Remove from the heat and carefully blend in a liquidiser (or with a stick blender until smooth, adding a little extra water as necessary to achieve your desired consistency). Return to pan, heat through, season to taste.
- Serve garnished with mint leaves and feta cheese.