Chinese Fried Rice
This recipe if perfect if you fancy tasty, delicious fried rice ready in minutes. It also contains 2 of your 5 a day.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 40g mushrooms, sliced
- 40g baby corn, sliced
- 40g carrots, sliced
- 40g mange tout, sliced
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 dash of soy sauce
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1 spring onion, sliced
What you need to do
- Over a high heat stir fry the garlic, mushrooms, baby corn, carrots, mange tout and chicken in the oil for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, and the vegetables are slightly charred.
- Gently crumble the rice into the pan or wok and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until the rice is piping hot. Add the soy sauce, vinegar and sliced spring onions, mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Tips: For extra spice add some finely chopped fresh root ginger and red chilli to the vegetables. You could also add some cooked egg to the rice for egg fried rice.