Cardamom and Orange Rice Pudding
Delight your loved ones with this zesty and creamy cardamom and orange rice pudding. Warm and aromatic it’s a perfect rice pudding to enjoy during cold winter evenings.
What you need to get
- 2 VeeTee Thai jasmine rice
- 500ml Skimmed milk
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 8 Cardamom pods
- 1 Vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp Granulated sweetener
- 120g Raisins
- 50g Flaked almond (toasted)
What you need to do
- Pour the milk into a heavy-based saucepan with the cinnamon stick, vanilla, zest and cardamom. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice & sweetener and simmer for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the raisins and almonds 2-3 minutes, adding more milk if necessary.
- Carefully remove the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods and serve.