Wholegrain Brown Rice and Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Wholegrain Brown Rice and Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad will transport your tastebuds to exotic locales, with its Middle Eastern flavors. Developed by Chef Judith Choate, this healthy and hearty salad can be served as a starter or as a lunch main. It's packed full of wholegrain goodness, nutrients and fiber.
What you need to get
1 package VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice and Quinoa
¾ cup diced hot house (English) cucumber including the skin
½ cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup sliced scallions
¼ cup minced fresh flat leaf parsley
¼ cup minced fresh mint
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or to taste
Salt and pepper
What you need to do
1. Place the rice in a large mixing bowl. Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, and scallions, tossing to blend completely.
2. Add the minced parsley and mint and again toss to blend.
3. Combine the olive oil and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl, whisking to blend. Pour over the rice mixture, season with salt and pepper, and stir to blend completely.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Tips: The longer you refrigerate, the more the flavors will soak in and blend.