Thai Style Rice Cakes
Sweet, spicy, flavorsome... what's not to like about these Thai style rice cakes?
Combined with VeeTee Thai Jasmine rice they're great on their own as snacks, or even appetizers if you're entertaining.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1/2lb cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- sweet chili sauce, to serve
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Break the rice into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Combine together thoroughly.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment and brush lightly with oil. Take spoonfuls of the mixture and place onto the baking sheet. Gently form into small rounds and brush the tops with a little oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until turning slightly golden brown on the top.
- Serve with the sweet chili sauce.
Tips: These make great canapés or simply serve with a crunchy Thai salad or vegetable stir fry. You could also add some drained canned sweetcorn to this recipe for extra color and flavor.