Spicy Stuffed Peppers
Spicy Stuffed Peppers is one of our all-time favorite recipes here at VeeTee. This dish can be served as a main or a side. It's also great for entertaining.
What you need to get
1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
4 large colored peppers, halved lengthways and seeds removed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
8.1 oz can chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
4 tablespoons of water or chicken broth
What you need to do
1. Heat the oven to 200ºC / 392ºF / gas mark 6.
2. Place the pepper halves (facing upwards) into a shallow baking dish.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat then add the onions and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken, tomatoes and 3/4 of the cheese to the pan and mix together.
5. Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and top with the remaining cheese. Add 4 tablespoons of water or chicken broth to the base of the dish, then place into the oven.
6. Bake for 10 minutes then take out, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Serve immediately.