Rice, Quinoa & Grilled Halloumi Salad
This tasty salad recipe is perfect for vegetarians and made easy with VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice and Quinoa. Try something healthy with this tasty dish.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown & Quinoa Rice
- 1/2 cup frozen Mediterranean chargrilled vegetables
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cubed, crumbled
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lime
What you need to do
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas mark 6.
- Tip the frozen vegetables onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until chargrilled.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the crumbled stock cube and VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa to the pan, stir frying for 2 minutes until hot.
- Heat a separate frying or griddle pan on a high heat, and griddle the halloumi for 2-3 minutes until sides are golden.
- When the vegetables are ready, combine them with the VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa, chopped parsley, mint, lime zest and juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide between two plates and serve with the halloumi slices served on top. Season to taste and serve.