Rice, Quinoa & Grilled Halloumi Salad
This tasty salad recipe is perfect for Vegetarians and made easy with VeeTee Heat & Eat rice. Try something healthy with this tasty dish.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown & Quinoa Rice
- 1/2 cup frozen Mediterranean chargrilled vegetables
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cubed, crumbled
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lime
What you need to do
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas mark 6.
- Tip the frozen vegetables onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until chargrilled.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the crumbled stock cube and VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa to the pan, stir frying for 2 minutes until hot.
- Heat a separate frying or griddle pan on a high heat, and griddle the halloumi for 2-3 minutes until sides are golden.
- When the vegetables are ready, combine them with the VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa, chopped parsley, mint, lime zest and juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide between two plates and serve with the halloumi slices served on top. Season to taste and serve.