Oregano Cream Cheese Broccoli Risotto
This cheesy, creamy dish is sure to comfort and warm the soul. Add protein or keep it vegetarian, the choice is yours! Plus, it's gluten-free.
What you need to get
2 teaspoons Olive oil
1/6 cup Minced sweet onion
1 cup Chopped broccoli florets (from about 1 cup broccoli florets)
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup White wine
1 tablespoon Dried oregano
2 tablespoons Grated parmesan and romano cheese
4 tablespoons Sour cream
2 oz. Cream cheese
1 package VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
2 tablespoons Minced fresh parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
Fresh parsley for garnish
Protein of your choice for serving
What you need to do
1. Heat olive oil in a deep skillet to medium. Add onion, and cook stirring until translucent. Add broccoli and cook stirring about 15-20 seconds.
2. Stir in milk, wine, oregano, parmesan and romano cheese, sour cream and cream cheese until cream cheese is almost dissolved and mixture is blended.
3. Add the rice breaking up the rice with a wooden spoon or spatula. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring constantly until rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed (add some water if it becomes too sticky).
4. Stir in parsley and add salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Divide the risotto among 2-3 servings and put into each serving plate. Top with fresh parsley leaves for garnish and serve with protein of your choice.