One Skillet Fajita Chicken and Rice
Add a kick to your dinner routine with this Mexican-inspired dish in a single skillet. This delicious savory recipe was developed by Carla Cardello
using VeeTee rice.
What you need to get
• 4 boned-in chicken thighs with skin
• 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup diced bell pepper, any color
• 1/4 cup diced onion
• 2 trays Veetee Dine-In Long Grain Rice
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
What you need to do
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Pat the chicken thighs dry and lightly rub with fajita seasoning.
2. In a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Once hot, add the chicken thighs skin side down and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and brown the other side for 5 minutes. If your skillet isn't large enough, you may need to do this in two batches. Add more oil if necessary.
3. Once the chicken has finished browning, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
4. Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Crumble the rice into the pan and stir everything together. Remove from the heat.
5. Place the chicken on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F. Add cilantro before serving.