New Orleans Style Glazed BBQ Ribs
This dish originated in the deep south of America but is now enjoyed the world over. It's easy to make in just 25 minutes and makes a delicious meal.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 2lbs small pork spare ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tbsp smoky BBQ seasoning
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 4 tbsp dark rum
What you need to do
- Mix all the ingredients together into a large bowl, until well combined.
- Add the ribs to a large frying pan and heat on a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, moving around the pan regularly until the sauce thickens. Turn the heat down to a medium-low setting, and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the sauce is shiny and coats the ribs well.
- Heat Veetee Long Grain Rice according to pack instructions, and serve alongside the ribs.