Mediterranean Fried Rice
Check out this savory Mediterranean Fried Rice recipe from VeeTee member Hidemi Walsh
and the story behind it:
Inspired by the pilaf I ate at one of my favorite Mediterranean restaurant in Tokyo long time ago but I still remember the taste! My twists are adding ground lean chicken, peanuts and some spices to make it healthy. Simple yet flavorful and lots of health benefits!
What you need to get
6 dried tomatoes
1/4 cup medium pitted black olives (about 10 olives)
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
1/2 lb. ground chicken, lean
1 package VeeTee Long Grain Rice
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili powder (adjust the amount based on your preferred spiciness)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
What you need to do
1. Put dried tomatoes into a bowl and add water to cover tomatoes. Soak the tomatoes until tender.
2. Chop olives coarsely. Peel and mince garlic. Chop peanuts coarsely.
3. When the tomatoes are tender, drain in a colander, with your hands, squeeze the tomatoes to remove excess liquid and chop tomatoes.
4. In a wok or frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add cumin seed and cook stirring constantly until fragrant. Add ground chicken to the wok/pan and cook stirring constantly until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in garlic and rice, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in olives, dried tomatoes, chili, paprika and parsley. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and stir in peanuts.