Marinated Spicy Green Chicken
Marinated Spicy Green Chicken is a dish that truly has a kick with its zesty, hot flavor. We recommend this dish during the winter to warm you up but it's equally pleasurable in the summer should you like to bring on the heat!
What you need to get
2 trays VeeTee Basmati Rice
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 inch ginger, roughly chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp cilantro leaves
1 tbsp parsley leaves
2-3 Thai chili peppers, dependent on taste
8 mint leaves
1/4 cup natural yogurt
2 tsp garam masala
2 lbs skinned and boned chicken thighs, diced
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
What you need to do
1. Add the garlic, ginger, salt, and lemon juice to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the chili peppers, cilantro, parsley, mint, yogurt and garam masala and pulse again until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a large bowl with the chicken, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or preferably overnight if planning ahead.
3. When you’re ready to eat, pre-heat the oven to 200 / 400F/ gas mark 6.
4. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish and cover with foil. Cook in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
5. Spoon over juices before serving and serve with the rice.