Mapo Eggplant Rice Bowl
The Mago Eggplant Rice Bowl is inspired by Mapo tofu. It's easy and quick to make and eat. This makes for a great game day dish!
What you need to get
1 Green onion
2 tablespoons White miso paste
1 teaspoon Sambal oelek chili paste (adjust the amount based on your preferred spiciness)
1 tablespoon Brown sugar
1 tablespoon Less sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons Mirin
2 tablespoons Water
3 teaspoons Vegetable or canola oil, divided
1 cup Diced eggplant, 1/2x1/2-inch
2 cloves Garlic
5 oz. Ground pork
1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Water
1 package VeeTee Long Grain Rice
What you need to do
1. Chop green onion.
2. In a small bowl, mix together miso, sambal, brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin and 2 tablespoons water.
3. In a wok or frying pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add eggplants and cook, stirring until they start to be tender. Remove the eggplants from the wok/frying pan and place on a plate.
4. Add 1 teaspoon oil to the same wok/frying pan and add garlic and ground pork. Cook, stirring until pork is browned. Return the eggplants and add green onions (reserve some of the green parts for garnish) and miso mixture to the wok/frying pan, and stir fry until well blended.
5. In a small cup, mix together cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water. Then stir into the wok/frying pan until blended well.
6. Cook rice according to the package directions. Divide the rice among 2 servings and put on serving plates.
7. Put the mapo eggplant over the rice. Sprinkle with the reserved green parts of green onions over the top.