Lemon & Arugula Risotto
Traditionally, risotto is made using arborio or carnaroli rice, known for their sticky, starchy qualities. This recipe adds a twist by using VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice instead which requires far less stirring time and works just as well!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml white wine
- zest of 2 lemons, finely grated
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 big handfuls of arugula
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp mascarpone cheese, heaped
- 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra Parmesan cheese, to serve
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, before adding the onions. Sauté until softened, then add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and lemon zest and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Tip the tray of VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice into the saucepan and carefully break up using a wooden spoon. Cook through for 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if the mixture becomes too sticky.
- Add the arugula, stirring through until wilted followed by the lemon juice.
- Mix the mascarpone and Parmesan cheese into the rice, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste.
- Serve hot, with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.