A delicious 'jumbled' rice recipe of colorful peppers, spicy sausage chunks and tasty VeeTee Basmati Rice.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chorizo sausage, cubed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 chicken stock or water
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and chorizo sausage, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and garlic. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken has been cooked through.
- Stir in the green pepper and chili, heat for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the cajun seasoning, water and stir through.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes or until the rice has been heated through and the water has evaporated. Serve immediately.