Dan Dan Rice Bowl
This quick and easy dish is inspired by dan dan ramen noodles. It's made using common ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. Perfect for game day!
What you need to get
1 Green onion
1/2 teaspoons Sambal oelek chili paste (adjust the amount based on your preferred spiciness)
3 tablespoons Tahini, stirred
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
2 teaspoons Water
1 teaspoon Sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon Grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon Grated garlic
8 oz. Ground pork
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 Cooked eggs of your choice, such as poached, fried, soft boiled eggs
1 package VeeTee Long grain rice
Sesame seeds for serving
What you need to do
1. Chop green onion.
2. Make dan dan sauce. In a bowl, mix together sambal, tahini, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and water.
3. In a wok or frying pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and ground pork, and cook, stirring until pork is browned.
4. Stir in the sauce and green onions (reserve some for garnish) until well blended. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Cook rice according to the package directions. Divide the rice among 2 servings and put on serving bowls.
6. Put the dan dan meat sauce over the rice. Put the egg on the side or center, sprinkle with reserved green onions and sesame seeds over the top.