Chicken Kebabs with Rice
Deliciously easy chicken kebabs, which are a winner all year round.
What you need to get
- 2 trays VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins
- freshly chopped parsley
- lemon juice to taste
What you need to do
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar and oyster sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Thread the chicken pieces on to 8 skewers with alternate pieces of red and green peppers and onion.
- Brush the kebabs with oil, place under the grill or on a BBQ, turning frequently for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a saucepan, add the red onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft. Add the rice together with the raisins and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Mix in the chopped parsley into the rice mixture and add a little lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the rice with the kebabs.