A vibrant, Creole-inspired rice dish with succulent chicken breasts.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 230g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 150ml water
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken, cajun seasoning and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, lime juice and water, simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Mix in the rice, heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately with lime wedges.