Brown Rice Vegetable Salad
Served warm in the winter or cold in the summer, this Brown Rice Vegetable Salad is a healthy favorite in any season. Recipe and photo credit: Coryanne Etienne
What you need to get
Wholegrain Brown Rice
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup of fresh basil, finely chopped
1/3 cup of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
1 spanish onion, quartered
10-12 cherry tomatoes
1 garlic bulb, separated
8-10 asparagus stalks
5 small sweet peppers, topped and quartered
2 summer squash, top, tailed and diced
2 zucchini, top, tailed and diced
2 packets of Veetee Brown Rice
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and Pepper
What you need to do
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all the vegetables in to a big mixing bowl and drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil; and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss until they are evenly coated, and then transfer to the baking sheet.
3. Roast the vegetables for 35 minutes or until they are tender and light golden brown, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking.
4. While the vegetables roast, combine the mustard, vinegar, herbs honey, salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk together before slowly adding the oil and whisking again.
5. Once the vegetables are roasted, remove from the oven and allow them to rest while you prepare the rice by adding 2 packets of Veetee Brown Rice and a splash of chicken stock to a sauce-pan. Gently simmer for 2 minutes to heat through stirring occasionally.
6. Transfer the rice to a serving tray, top with the roasted vegetables and garnish with the dressing before serving.