Basil Turkey Fried Rice
This entree is a beautiful, basil flavored fried rice with sunny side up egg. This makes a great “Thanksgiving leftover meal” using leftover turkey, and can also be made using fresh turkey. VeeTee Long Grain Rice and VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice both make great options for this dish.
What you need to get
1 large clove garlic
1/2 red bell pepper (2.3-2.5 oz.), seeded and membranes removed
1 large dried red chili pepper
10 large fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 package VeeTee Long Grain Rice or VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
1 cup cooked turkey (white or dark meat, your choice), shredded
2 large eggs
Fresh basil leaves for garnish
What you need to do
1. Peel and mince garlic. Slice red bell pepper lengthwise. Chop dried red chili pepper and remove some or all seeds (your preferred spiciness). Chop basil leaves.
2. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
3. In a wok or frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add garlic and chili peppers, and cook stirring until fragrant. Add red bell peppers and stir fry until red bell peppers start to be tender. Add the rice and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
4. Add turkey and sugar mixture, and stir fry until all ingredients are well blended. Turn off the heat and stir in basil leaves.
5. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Crack in eggs and make 2 sunny-side-up eggs (to your preferred doneness).
6. To serve, divide the fried rice among 2 servings and put on serving plates evenly.
7. Put 1 sunny-side-up egg on side of each and top with fresh basil leaves for garnish if you wish.
Tips: VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice is another great option for this recipe.