Baked Beef Enchiladas
Delicious flavors from Mexico, ready in minutes. Why not enjoy the leftovers for lunch?
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1lb tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 3 tbsp Cheddar cheese, grated
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Put the ground beef and onion in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until the beef has browned. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper, cover and simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the rice and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread a little of the beef mixture in the centre of each tortilla, roll up and place in a greased oven proof dish. Top with the salsa and grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden on top. Serve immediately.