Avocado Lime Rice Salmon Salad Rolls
A gluten free, budget free, healthy and delicious spring rice dish. These look like sushi rolls but are actually rice salad rolls. The added avocado fits the spring theme perfectly, and they're seasoned simply with salt and lime juice for a refreshing taste. For the filling, we used canned pink salmon, which is why we are calling this budget free!.
What you need to get
For avocado lime rice:
1 package VeeTee Long grain rice
1 medium Avocado
1 tablespoon Lime juice
1/8 teaspoon Salt
For salmon salad:
1/2 cup Canned pink salmon, drained
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoons Plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Mayonnaise
1.5 teaspoons Chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon Lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 sheets Nori
Wasabi soy sauce for serving (you can omit wasabi if you wish)
What you need to do
1. Cook rice according to the package directions.
2. Halve avocado, remove the pit, scoop avocado flesh out and mash in a bowl. Add the cooked rice, lime juice and salt to the bowl and mix to blend well.
3. In another bowl, mix together salmon, yogurt, mayonnaise, cilantro and lemon juice. Add salt and black pepper to taste, and mix well.
4. Place sushi mat (if sushi mat is not available, you could use a dish towel or plastic wrap) on a cutting board. Place 1 sheet nori and put half of avocado lime rice over the nori spreading evenly leaving about 1/2 inch border. Put half of salmon salad on the lower end and roll it up tightly. Place, seam side down, on a cutting board. Repeat this one more time with the rest of nori sheet, avocado lime rice and salmon salad.
5. Cut the rolls into 6-7 crosswise (or your desired thickness) and place on a serving plate.
6. Serve rolls with wasabi (optional) and soy sauce.