Asian Chicken & Wholegrain Brown Rice Soup
This soup is the perfect pick-me-up for miserable winter days. Warming, creamy, with a bit of brown nuttiness, it's heaven in a bowl.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1oz fresh ginger, chopped into large chunks
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4oz cooked shrimp
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
What you need to do
- Add all the ingredients to the pan, keeping back the rice and shrimp.
- Bring to a simmer over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until chicken breast is cooked through.
- Add the rice to the pan and bring back to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until rice is cooked. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until piping hot.
- Remove the ginger and serve immediately.