If you're looking for a healthy alternative to takeaway then our Vegetable Curry is perfect. Full of flavour it's healthy and suitable for vegetarians.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Pilau Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 small can of chickpeas (200g), drained
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 300ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat oil and fry the onion and garlic until golden.
- Stir in the chilli, curry powder, turmeric powder, ground coriander and tomato purée and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potato, carrot and chickpeas and fry for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock cube, water and seasoning to taste.
- Turn the heat down to a medium setting, then cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Microwave Pilau rice according to pack instructions, and serve alongside the curry.