Fancy cooking something from scratch, try this beautiful Vegetable Paella using our premium Basmati rice.
What you need to get
- 200g VeeTee Mega Basmati Rice, washed and drained
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 3 tsp Tomato puree
- 100g Mixed sliced Mushrooms (such as Oyster, Shitake, Enoki, Chesnut)
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- 1 handful Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 pinch Tumeric
- To Taste: Salt
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and fry the onions and garlic until golden. .
- Add the chilli powder, paprika and turmeric and stir for a few seconds. Stir in the tomato puree.
- Mix in the mushrooms, reserving a few for the garnish. Now tip in the rice.
- Pour in the stock and half the coriander, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a tight lid and simmer for 12 minutes until done.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small frying pan and sauté the reserved mushrooms.
- Serve the paella with the sautéed mushrooms and a sprinkle of the remaining coriander.