VeeTee Mega Paneer Fried Rice
This great dish can be created in no time at all and the flavour ... Mega Tasty
What you need to get
- 200g VeeTee Mega Basmati Rice, washed and drained
- 250g Paneer, cubed
- 3 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Red chilli sauce
- 4 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 8 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 inch Ginger, chopped finely
- 2 Green chillies cut into diagonals
- 2 Onions, cut into large pieces
- 1 Green pepper, cubed
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 3 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, diced, for garnish
- 1 Handful of chopped Coriander leaves
- To Taste: Salt
What you need to do
- Put the rice with 3 times the amount of hot water in a deep pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked.
- In the meantime, heat enough oil in a frying pan to fry the paneer. Mix all the ingredients for the batter in a bowl and make a slightly thin batter. Dip the paneer in the batter and fry till golden.
- Mix the ketchup, chilli sauce, soya sauce and vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan and add in ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Add the onion and green pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- Season with salt, add sugar and mix well. Add in chilli powder, cook for a minute and add the sauces. Cook for a few minutes.
- Fold in the paneer. Sprinkle in the spring onions and coriander, reserving some for garnish.
- Fold in the rice and serve hot, sprinkled with the remaining spring onion and coriander and the diced red chilli..